Thursday, January 25, 2007

tHE Sound

Our new local H.E. magazine was finally finished yesterday all ready to for distribution. Unfortunately we had no luck turning it into a pdf as for some reason, it wouldn't recognize the format we are using and when we saved it into a recognized format it screwed up all the pages. So am pretty glad we didn't buy that package then. Now am trying to workout how to link to it on here so that any of you lovely people that read my blog may take a look to, but, only if you want to of course.

Robynne has been fairly busy putting the mag together for me along with her friend Dee they managed to do quite alot on Monday. Tho' she did drag the last few bits and pieces out for as long as possible lol.

We are off to our meeting with the LA bod this afternoon, would rather be going swimming - even tho' I don't swim - personally, but when I rearranged the appointment I hadn't yet filled my diary in for the year and forgot about swimming. I did give Robynne the option of going swimming instead of the meeting, but, she seems to want to come and meet this new man, mmmmm wonder if she'll be as polite to him as she was to the last person we met.

Things on the business front are ploding along slowly, we should have the domain name and web hosting sorted out in a few days - maybe one day I'll get a credit card, apparently they make life easier lol - so it will be time for more learning with Robynne as she teaches me how to build a website lol. In the meantime we have been sorting my new sewing area out, we built the carcass of my new sewing table the other day. The next step is to make it safe and to cut out a hole for my light box to sit in. Ooh my favourite bit is next week when we go fabric shopping, for the material to make some animal hot water bottles. I really like the designs I made, but I think my fav at the moment is the horse one, with the saddle on it's back.

Oh and we now have slow leak on a water pipe leading to the main radiator in our living room, while I've been typing this, I have been on the phone to the repairs team and get this we have an appointment for someone to come fix this on Tues. Apparantly while it's contained its no danger, I guess as I've only gone through two towels, a cushion and only a corner of the sofa has gotten a little damp it's contained. Ah well at least it's not gushing like the last pipe. But, still Tues I can see I shall be checking it every 5 minutes now, just to see if it's safe. Thankfully there's no carpet under that bit of the pipe.

On another note we are planning trips to various London Museums this year with our group so if anyone wants to meet up with us that would be great. It would be nice to meet up with other H.Ers from other areas. I first visit is on the 7th Feb and were doing the Science Museum were meeting their at 11am. We've never been there before so were really looking forward to it.

*will pop a link for the mag in later as Robynne says we need to upload it somewhere or other lol, and I have no idea what she's means, so she's going to show me then I can share. I am teaching her at home honest......

1 comment:

Shirl said...

Good luck with the LA bod today....:~)