Sunday, January 07, 2007

I Love it when a plan comes together.

I have had dozens of ideas whirling round in my head for weeks of things that I want to aim for this year, one of which is to get Robynne - along with my brother Andrew - into an adult learning centre so she can do her GCSE's in English, Maths and Science. Hopefully we'll find a centre that will take her on, if so she'll probably start with doing just one and see how that goes. I know she wants to do Art and Drama too, but much as she hates the idea I think she may have to go to college for those, tho' we are on the look out for another Drama group for her to try.

Plus I have also spent the better part of the day sitting here at my desk working through other ideas for the coming year and even tho' I say so myself I think that this next year is looking to be very interesting. Especially once we meet up with Shirley and we get the last few bits ironed out. We should be well on the way to getting things sorted. So fingers crossed not only will we get the H.E'd magazine that we have been talking about doing for ages sorted by the end of the month. Were going to start nipping up to London for some highly educational museum visits. The first of which is going to be The Science Museum. Which is one place that I have been wanting to go to for years along with quite a few others so this year is going to be the year for at least some of the list.

Another major item that we really want to do this year is HesFes and fingers crossed we will get there this time round.

The OTHENA meetings are also taking on a new turn as from this January we have joined our monthly meeting in with Freya as working in a hall gives a little more scope, plus joining together makes alot of logistical sense. But, having said that we are going to hopefully make a monthly visit to the cinema as a group. The book group are reading Carpe Jugulum by Terry Prachett and should be meeting up sometime near the end of the month to discuss it.

Oh and we start back with our weekly visits to the swimming pool on Thursday and then next month we shall be getting back into the swing of things with the guitar group.

Plus am determined to try and get Robynne to work on some other subjects this year, yes she loves doing her Art and writing her fanfic stories, but it would be nice to have her make a cake lol. Now I'm pretty sure she won't turn into a domestic Goddess lol, and her art and writing are very important to her. She has great fun with her music too, not just the guitar, but her own compositions as well. We have all these CGP books which she reads fairly regularly and even does some of the work from, but she doesn't write much down. I suppose I get a little concerned sometimes that she does all this work and there doesn't seem much to show for it, not that we would be showing it. Which reminds me we have a visit with the LA bod on the 25th of this month, which should be interesting. Not that I'm that bothered really, well ok maybe a little bit have never really liked authority figures much and even tho' technically this would be Robynne's last year at school. I still don't want to see them try and force her back, she's so much more confident now and high school was such a nightmare. I just hope that she's a little more select with what she tells this guy as I get the impression that this visit may not go as well as the last. I'm not sure why but, my gut tells me he's not going to be an easy man to get on with.

Oh and you may have noticed a lime green box on my blog now. I decided to join the Home Ed blogring, I was always envious of those with the nice box for the early years blogring lol and even tho' she may act it sometimes we don't quite fit that age group. Anyway I think I'll get off to bed now, before my butt molds itself anymore to this chair lol.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Glad to have you on the blogring - and, er, you've been tagged

Shirl said...

Yay, roll on HesFes....:~)