Thursday, January 18, 2007

Fingers Crossed and off We Go...

So have made the decsion I'm going for it, I'm going to start my business lol. I have received a load of lovely patterns from a lovely lady on freecycle, spoke to my mum and she's going to let me have all her patterns that she no longer uses - which means I'll have hundred's lol - and then after rearranging the living room for optimum space, all I need to do is get the website set up, sort out some example type things. Oh and make up some of the lovely cushions and hot water bottle covers that I designed last night. Oh and keep fingers crossed tightly, tho' that may hinder sewing slightly. Oh yeah and I need to think of a name for this venture too. Something catchy and says what I do, urge tis hard ah well something will spring to mind I'm sure. So look out for my little logo in the sidebar, and if you need anything made let me know.

*On a slightly scary note, am sitting here with the wind howling outside and suddenly had this sick feeling, the reason the building is swaying, literally swaying. I live six floors up - there's 15 in the building am so glad I'm not higher up - and I'm feeling seasick, I've never noticed the building sway before and I hope it stops soon, cause this is a little freaky.

Ok am gonna try not to think about that for now, may go wrap myself up in a duvet till it stops, but first need to find some puzzles for the new mag tHE Sound, pick a photo for our caption contest and make sure the list of everything to go in is all ready for the girls to sort out, originally we were going to have it A5 size, but, it's now A4, well it means we won't have to shrink the lovely artwork etc. that the kids have sent to be included. Plus Robynne is happy as she can make her comic strip a little bigger now. She has been working so hard on that, Monday she was in Chelmsford at the Deep Readers group, Tuesday was spent working on her comic strip and today she's in Chelmsford at the monthly H.E. meeting that she likes to go to every so often.

Right must get on now as this wind is really making me feel quite ill and I won't be able to sit here much longer.

6 comments:

thenewstead6 said...

Wow, you are busy! Getting the mag off the ground AND a business at the same time!! Go you! Seriously, let me have links for website etc and I'll promote you on all my websites. Will you have an ebay shop too? I always found that helped draw people in. Hope all goes really well!

Shirl said...

Go for it Michelle, nothing to lose and everything to gain.....:~)

I've crossed all my fingers and toes for you!

Anonymous said...

Link swap?
Feel free to email me if you want to swap ideas, hints or whatever.
sarah@ethicstrading.com, website is http://ethicstrading.com

bjanecarp said...

Go Thea go!

I wish you the best of luck in your new business.

BJC

Unknown said...

How about 'Crafty Sew and Sew'. Or has that been done??

Thea said...

Thanks for the good wishes and am going to be calling it 'Sewing Friend'

Just having major headaches getting the website up and running.. oh to be technically minded.