Saturday, June 24, 2006

Cat Scratch Fever






Ok this doesn't really have anything to do with H.E. but, anyway.... So yesterday the man called to read the electric meter, and being a fool that I am I picked up Sox - our cat - and held her while the guy was in the flat. Which was all well and good she was quite happy sitting in my arms, until the guy came to leave. Out the door he goes, shuts it and calls the lift..... Which is when the trouble started. Our loving and wonderful cat has an almost pathalogical fear of the lifts, she wont venture outside of our flat for fear of the lifts. So anyway the doors shut, am just about to let her go when she hears the lift. Which is when I found myself with four claws suddenly embedded in me..... two in my neck and the other two on my shoulder, now normally that wouldn't be too big of a deal, cause I usually just manage to pry her off. But, no this time she was having none of it, the claws went deeper and deeper and she's hissing at me. I mean really hissing.... and I could feel myself begining to lose it, this damned cat was hanging from my neck and shoulder, like some sort of limpet. After what seemed like hours but, in reality was only five mins - which when you have a cat hanging off you is still along time - she finally released me and walked off as if nothing had happened.... me I sat down in the hallway and bawled my eyes out, stupid I know, but I did feel better afterwards. Only thing now my neck and shoulder looks like I have been bitten by a very small and confused vampire.

2 comments:

Shirl said...

OUCH!!!

But Sox is such a sweet little cat ... you can't stay angry with her for long.

Lots of soothing antiseptic cream and a nice cup of tea..... sorted!

Best Wishes

Shirl

thenewstead6 said...

ouch, that must have hurt - but I have to admit that your description of the small confused vampire bite marks did make me laugh! I remember having a similar experience with a gerbil as a teenager ;-)