Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Warriors, Rain and Observation

Well we went to our Litha Ritual Sat night down at Chalkwell Beach it was a little chilly, and it rained a bit on the way down to the station. But, thankfully the rain held off while we went through a lovely ritual, which started of with someone singing the runes, to help cleanse the area after the invasion of the ummm how do I put this politely.... aw forget it drunk chavs at the Beltane ritual. It was a little hard to hear what with the wind blowing, but still very moving. So after we were sat around watching the lovely dark clouds o see which direction there were going. Well after about an hour the sky's opened and those of us with children rushed around and gathered them all up and made our way quickly home. Thinking we were the sensible ones lol, only to find out yesterday at the Pagan Lions meeting that the rain stopped about 10 mins later and the others all had a great time. Well if I hadn't of had Robynne with me and I weren't going to camp Fri - so didn't want to get ill - I'm sure I would have braved the weather and stayed then again ...... maybe not.

So Warrior's, well that's what the talk was last night at the moot, they even brought some weapons and armour with them. Which was really great the "children" namely, Willow's youngest, my Robynne and my little brother Andrew really enjoyed getting to play with the weapons etc. Robynne tried on the chainmail shirt and then left it on till the end of the moot. I do have a couple of pics of her wearing everything, but there with her camera, which for some reason isn't that great for pics. I know Willow got a couple of her so shall get copies form her and post them up later. But for now, you'll have to use your imagination with these pics lol.







...... and finally observation, well ok a quiz about observation, but it is interesting ..... sort off lol.

Your Observation Skills Get A B-

Your senses are pretty sharp (okay, most of the time)
And it takes something big to distract you!


Anyway I guess this will be my last post until after HESFES, if your going I look forward to maybe meeting some of you there.

2 comments:

Shirl said...

Hope you had a great time at HesFes. When you get your breath back, I've tagged you.

The questions are over at mine.....:0)

Jo said...

How was HesFes? We're saving up for next year. Or the year after. Maybe the year after that even.