Tuesday, February 20, 2007

It's a Thank-You blog today

Doesn't time fly, I didn't realize that I had spent so much time away from H.E. this past week. I have been learning so much about building websites and all those seemingly insignificant little bits of code, that have such great effects. That I haven't been noticing the world around me. I even missed activities well one activity, we were as a family planning on joining our H.E friends for the monthly woodland walk, but the code dragged me back in and I just plain forgot about it till I read through blogs late one night.

I shall blame the lovely book Robynne got me form the library "HTML 4 for Dummies" which to tell the truth have read three times and it still confuses me, thank goodness for 'copy and paste' and good old 'trial and error' as apart from the shop area our business website is more or less finished. Also thanks to Ann and her help I now have a nice link button on the right. I have given up on oscommerce as it's not compatible with our sites host, so I found a nice ecommerce item through another blog so thanks go to Qalballah for that. Must also thank Shirley for all her help, she probably doesn't think she helped me much, but she did. But, the main person I have to thank aloud is my darling daughter Robynne who has put up with my grunts and groans when things haven't worked and who oh so patiently showed me again and again what I did wrong, then checked through different codes to see why things didn't work. Plus she hasn't complained when I've been on the computer for hours on end and she wanted to be lol. Oh better not forget my brother Andy who as always makes sure we drink and eat, even when we don't think we need to lol.

So for the next few days I am going to leave the computer alone, well maybe not totally alone. Shall be concentrating on finishing off my work area and getting things sewn up. So again thanks to all those who have helped me get this venture off the ground. Ok better get on, now where did I put that book again ...... lol

1 comment:

Shirl said...

Awwww, always happy to help....:0)