Thursday, February 19, 2009

Where did that day go...

... yesterday totally disappeared on me. OK no, it didn't, but, getting onto the computer proved a little difficult and that's my story and I'm sticking too it.

Robynne was having a couple of friends over yesterday so we were up early attempting to tidy up some before the guys arrived J rang about 12 he felt ill so wasn't coming, so a little grump and then back to tidying up. Then all of a sudden P turned up so to get out of tidying she grabbed him down town to help her pick out a present for A, who's having his birthday party today - have just realized something Robynne's friends has a higher ratio of guys... mmm should I be worried, well maybe later. - so Andy and I got back to the tidying only to be interrupted yet again. This time by a nice lady doing a survey of people in our building with children under 19 - something to do with accessing services that are available - felt sorry for her really as she'll have no hope of people in this building being helpful. Later when Robynne and P returned with a very interesting present for A - lets just say I'm glad that his parents have a sense of humour - Robynne was most surprised to find that I had let the survey woman in. I can see her point as I wouldn't normally do that, but, I guess I must have been looking for an excuse to put off the tidying. Anyway the survey lady left and we finished off just enough that it could be left for later - tho' when that will be I don't know - and Andy and P played Wii games for the next few hours.

We had Andy's homemade pizza's for tea, he brings a whole new meaning to "Fully Loaded" with them lol. Robynne spent a while making some emotes for msn and then made a card for A. Movies were watched, pizza's eaten then time for bed.

This morning Robynne went off and caught the 11am bus to Chelmsford, to be met by her bf S and then there going to the monthly H.E. meeting before going off to A's, she'll be home sometime tomorrow.

P was dragged off by Andy to play a PS2 game, until it was time for him to leave. Unfortunately he couldn't stay too long as he had to get home to his mum, she was recently misdiagnosed as having Alzheimer's but thankfully after further tests it's only mild Dementia, which as long as she looks after herself shouldn't be too bad. Which in a way has helped P to appreciate her a little more and I think they may be getting on a little better now than they had been.

Oh Tuesday night Robynne informed me that she wanted to go to college in Chelmsford, she can't remember which one it is, but, her friend M already goes there and it looks like a few of her other friends will probably be going there next year too. Also they do Japanese at this college, which is a major bonus as she has been wanting to learn that for a while now and the nearest place we had found before was an evening course in London. So the plan is to find out which College it is, get a prospectus and see what courses etc they do. She doesn't want to go till next year, but, we'll need to get it sorted out, she's still planning to do the GCSE's at the Southend Adult College this Sept. I was thinking OK with going to Chelmsford, as it's not too far and she can go there and back by train everyday. Though that's not the plan, Robynne wants to move to Chelmsford. I was well lets say surprised, but, not as surprised as her when after a few deep breaths and a little panic I agreed with her. Robynne told me that she had been thinking about it for a little while, but, was worried how I would react and had said anything in her words she expected me to go "Ape sh**". Well considering everytime she had every talked about moving the places she wanted to go where Scotland, America and Japan. I can cope fairly well with her being an hour away in Chelmsford. Though I did say that I thought I wouldn't see her that often what with almost all her friends being in Chelmsford she'd never want to come home, she patted me on the head - grr - and told me I was a silly as that would never happen. We talked about the practicalities etc of moving away and then she went off to bed only to find that Sox had just left her a very unwanted present in her bed. After a Little ranting at the darn cat and clearing up, Robynne turned round and said "I think she's mad at me for daring to talk about moving out". Personally I think the cat's just mad, that Robynne forgot to clean her litter tray. Anyway Robynne ended up sleeping in with me as she didn't want to sleep in her room.

I am actually a little weirded out by her wanting to move out, but, she's growing up and it's time for her to go out and do what she wants to do. It's not that I want to keep her my little girl for ever, well OK I would love to keep her my little girl. But, that's just crazy obsessive talk and well frankly that's not great and well I have known that this would happen sometime, I just hoped it wouldn't be yet. Ah well life has to go on and I need to go do some more washing.

2 comments:

Shirl said...

Wow, bombshell! We wish Robynne all the best and loads of luck with moving out ... :0)

Anonymous said...

Ya only recently realised that most of robs friends are guys? you really must pay more attention. I would say it's nothing to worry about...at one stage I had more guy's than girls as friends...didnt hurt me any.....I think