Thursday, April 24, 2008

You would have Thought...

.... that a simple trip to Specsavers would be a nice simple thing to do. Pop in have eyes tested, order new glasses, then home for a cup of tea. Well that was before you add in my cold and stupid rules and regulations.

See I was feeling fairly crap anyway, what with the pounding in my head, lack of sleep - cute and fluffy don't cut it when you feel bad and they are keeping you awake - and feeling just generally urgh from this cold which now appears to be going to my head.

We get down to the Specsavers, and sit down so they can do all the form filling on the computer. Firstly Robynne's 16yr so supposedly she still goes in the student section, only we Home Educate and there's no slot for that. So we have no school to put her down as oh dear you have to pay for the eye test, I'm like what why, then remembering my lovely NHS Exemption card in my purse no we don't I said she's covered by this. Ummm actually she's not cause her names isn't on it. But, you can still use, just if they won't accept you get a £500 fine, mmm let's see pay £20 for test or use card and possibly get a fine. Ok we payed.

Now I suppose really I should be spending the afternoon getting intouch with the relevant people to complain, but, I just don't have the energy today. I'll get to it tomorrow honestly, just as soon as my head clears.

I guess the worse part was, that I only had a little money on me so we could pay extra if she need on her glasses. Tho' on the plus side for Robynne, she gets two new pairs of glasses - yes I fell into the £75 trap - one with reaction lenses, so get got what she wanted prescription sunglasses. Which she will have to wait till next week for us to get, but that's no biggie really. Mind you she has picked some really nice glasses, tho' on the way home she was a little worried that she would have no clothes to match with them.

I was fuming in the end tho' and Robynne said she felt guilty for costing so much money. So then I felt bad too lol and well as I said to Robynne it's not your fault how the rules are made. There's a smug person somewhere thinking they are real clever, but you know what someday I'll find them and rip them a new one...... or not.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'll be watching out for the new glasses! H throwing up everywhere so had to miss science museum AAAAgh!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better now. I am still full of cold and not at work I don't think that I shall be going to work tomorrow either.