Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wicked

So today was spent more or less on the train, overland and underground as I went up to London to pick up tickets for Wicked. Which a group of us H.E. families are going to see on the 10th Sept for the matinee show. The seats aren't as great as I would have liked, but I'm sure we'll all have a great time. Now all I need to do is send off the tickets to P and G for them and their families as well I doubt we'll be seeing them before we go, but well you never know. Just need to arrange with S about her tickets and then all sorted.

Robynne and myself popped round to R & J's again last night for another planning meeting with regards to the new group that were setting up along with R. All this initial thing is going to drive me nuts lol and I'm bound to forget one day, just hope I don't get strung up for it. Anyway, the new group, we more or less have everything sorted now.... like name, venue - incidentally a lovely Quaker Meeting House - the main things that seem to be left to do now is to confirm booking etc, get the bank account sorted as until that's done we can't apply for a grant. Tho' once the grant application is all filled in and sent off we'll now in 8 weeks whether or not we were successful. We've also got the advertising worked out and a provisional date for the launch party, plus we've also been thinking ahead to activities and people we could have come in to entertain and educate the children and ourselves lol. The aim I think is as were going to run weekly to have something extra ie, speakers at least once a month.
All we need now is for people to come along and fingers crossed and anything else they will. Oh nearly forgot we've picked the name Thames Kids Club, so hopefully that's not taken elsewhere I did do a google search and nothing came up so. Anyway I guess that's about it for now, as not only do I need to rest my back after the various train rides today. Robynne wants to get on the computer and well as she's reworking my rough sketch into a poster I better let her get on.

No comments: